header
FaceBook Fan Page Folow Us On Twitter RSS Feed YouTube Link
Celebrating Michael's Legacy With L-O-V-E...Of MEMORABILIA!!
Login or Register for Special Features.
Home Forum

shop

Please also visit our  Ebay MJJC Store and FaceBook Page. Questions about your order? Want combined shipping? Email us here.  Thank you for supporting our site! 

forum

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Come Join Our Team!
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Come Join Our Team!
ronsweet2
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Come Join Our Team! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
Please note that all of us at MJJCollectors voluntarily contribute our time. Although we can’t offer payment, all members of our team receive Site Credit, expanded storage resources, email account, forum badges, and other exclusive perks!

At this time, we are especially interested in someone with PHP programming skills that can help us maintain the site in their spare time. Experience with Joomla (and/or VirtueMart) would be a huge plus. We are always looking for part time graphic designers and artists, volunteers to help us promote our site, and people to help us build and edit content, especially for our “memorabilia” section. If that sounds like you, contact us and come join in the fun of helping build our web site! Here are more detailed descriptions...

Programmer(s): We will need programming help on a “project by project” basis. Ideally, experience with building and programming Joomla based databases using PHP.

Designer(s): Designers will also be needed on a “project by project” basis to help create artwork and graphics to be used on our web site.

Site Content Admins: To help us build and manage our web site content, including uploading memorabilia items to the main part of our site, and building other sections such as Collecting Tips, Featured Collectibles , and our MJ Marketplace.

Promotion Team: To promote MJJCollectors.com and build our membership by posting announcements to MJ related message boards and FB groups, as well as establishing cross linking and banner exchanges with other fan site owners.

If you would like to contribute your time to any of the above and join our Team, please post in this thread and someone will contact you, or email us at admin@mjjcollectors.com. We look forward to meeting you!!

Last Edit: 2011/01/26 12:30 By ronsweet2.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
quizchris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re: Come Join Our Team! 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm newer a member, but have been collecting MJ / Jacksons / J5 memorabilia and collectibles for a few years. Although I don't have great skills in PHP or Joomla, I do consider myself pretty good with website banners, buttons and logos. Being a new member, I'm not sure if having a new banner every now and then would be beneficial, but usually people like to see variety matched with consistency when they visit a site over and over, which I'm assuming most people here do.

As an FYI, I'm fluent in Photoshop / Illustrator / Indesign and have been making banners and graphics freelance for websites (including my own) for the past 8 years.

No biggy if you don't need a banner / graphics maker right now, but if you ever do, I'm just throwing my fedora into the ring.

-Quizchris

ronsweet2
Admin
graphgraph
Re: Come Join Our Team! 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
Thanks Chris, I'm sending you an email. Thanks, Ron

OneLoveOneMJ
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re: Come Join Our Team! 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
ronsweet2 wrote:
Please note that all of us at MJJCollectors voluntarily contribute our time. Although we can’t offer payment, all members of our team receive Site Credit, expanded storage resources, email account, forum badges, and other exclusive perks!

We are always looking for part time graphic designers and artists, volunteers to help us promote our site, and people to help us build and edit content, especially for our “memorabilia” section.

Site Content Admins: To help us build and manage our web site content, including uploading memorabilia items to the main part of our site, and building other sections such as Collecting Tips, Featured Collectibles , and our MJ Marketplace.

If you would like to contribute your time to any of the above and join our Team, please post in this thread and someone will contact you, or email us at admin@mjjcollectors.com. We look forward to meeting you!!

Hello staff and fellow members! I was wondering how I would go about becoming a volunteer for this?? I have MANY things not in your database and extensive knowledge about MJ collecting.

Laura
Admin
graph
Re: Come Join Our Team! 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 17
Hello,

and thanks for your offer.

You can add your items if you want, but they have to be official ones, not bootlegs as we prefer keeping the site clean on this. We just added some, to let the fans know what's real or not and maybe in future, we'll add a link to educate newbies on this as we keep the MJ's legacy on and we wish all collectors and fans could buy only nice and official items.

Also to add an item, you should use not to heavy photos, like 400/500 kb maximum , otherwise our site may crash.

And important things are always add Era , and a long and a short decription so fans will find the item easier and will know what it is.

Anyway, if you make some mistakes, don't worry as we'll edit them later.

Thanks Laura

OneLoveOneMJ
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re: Come Join Our Team! 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Laura wrote:
Hello,

and thanks for your offer.

You can add your items if you want, but they have to be official ones, not bootlegs as we prefer keeping the site clean on this. We just added some, to let the fans know what's real or not and maybe in future, we'll add a link to educate newbies on this as we keep the MJ's legacy on and we wish all collectors and fans could buy only nice and official items.

Also to add an item, you should use not to heavy photos, like 400/500 kb maximum , otherwise our site may crash.

And important things are always add Era , and a long and a short decription so fans will find the item easier and will know what it is.

Anyway, if you make some mistakes, don't worry as we'll edit them later.

Thanks Laura

Thank you, Laura. I didn't know if I had to let you know so I would get the special forum stuff or not.

Go to topPage: 12

Search By Category

Search By Era

Subscribe to our free email newsletter!

Donate

Please donate what you like to make this MJJ Collectors site better and support the maintenance.

Thank you!

smooth_criminal

Member Photos

Stuffed MJ

[emmastage]

Artist Of The Decade Award #481

[DJinspace]

master Tapes

[quehola]

Admin Work Chain

Who's Online

Guests: 709